Saturday, August 8, 2009

Feeling Crafty

My friend Danette's baby shower is tomorrow and I've been meaning to make a gift for her so I finally whipped it together tonight:

Starting with some ribbon & an antique pillowcase...

...I made a dress for baby Emma! (Now I just have to make one for Annaliese! Yikes!)



Then I folded and tied up a cloth placemat...

...into a cute little holder...

...for a diaper change on the go! (The placemat is now a changing pad!)

Mu friend Linda Zalamea's friend's blog (whom I don't know) inspired me to make these "re-creations."  Do you ever go down those rabbit holes of friend's friend's friend's blogs?  It is endless...

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Those rabbit trails of friends' friend's blogs are so fun and often quite inspiring. It is amazing how much time slips away before you know it!

Very cute crafty ideas! Danette is one lucky mom-to-be!

Nikki said...

Wow! I've always known you were pretty crafty but that little dress trick is amazing! Can I have one in my size? Good job Steph!