Monday, November 30, 2009

29 and the best is yet to come!

Andy celebrated 29 years young on Saturday! His family including our future sister-in-law came to our house for brunch on Saturday and my family came over for dinner on Sunday to celebrate! Andy said that it was one of his best birthdays ever because we got to celebrate with family and good food, just like he likes it - low key :)

We took a quick picture for a Peters family Christmas card on Sunday but forgot to get out the camera at brunch on Saturday with the Dollahites.

Ji Hae has been living with us since June and has become Annaliese's Korean big sister! We love "our Korean!"
Although I am far from being a good public speaker, I gave a quick toast to Andy with our mimosas at our brunch with the Dollahites...

You are…

A Toast to My Husband, on Your Birthday

You are a wonderful provider, taking care of our family’s needs so that we do not have to worry about anything which allows me to care for our daughter and home full time.

You are our spiritual leader, setting an example of striving to know and love Christ through everything that you do.

You are generous, as shown by your welcoming Ji Hae into our family and loving to give good gifts to many people, including me (and good restaurant servers ;)

You are industrious with the many talents that God has given you, serving your students, BJ’s customers, soccer and football players, your colleagues, our church body, our friends, our family, and, in the future, your patients.

You are a tender and gracious Da-da, so gentle and loving toward our daughter Annaliese.

Though there are many other things that you are to people who love you in this room and elsewhere, lastly, to me, you are my best friend and the love of my life, and I couldn’t be happier with the blessing of being married to you and having our foundation together firmly in Jesus.

To all that you are to me and to each of us! Happy Birthday!

No comments: