Saturday, May 22, 2010

...and now USC!


Just as we had been settling into the idea of living in Syracuse, NY, for the next for years for Andy's medical school, we were given a new opportunity! While teaching on Wednesday afternoon, Andy picked up a call from the Dean of USC's Keck School of Medicine. He was so giddy and happy in front his Biology students and even called me on speaker phone immediately to tell me the good news. I was overjoyed and overwhelmed almost to the point of tears (as I was picking up car from the mechanic). It was rather unexpected, although we had hoped that the Lord would open that door.

We're now changing gears and working on undoing some of the details that we had planned for NY and starting to plan for the move to Los Angeles in late July now (instead of late June). I imagine life in So Cal to be quite out of our comfort zone, but I am reassured that God will provide for all of our family's needs. Please join me in praying that all the details would work out, especially our first item of business... where to live! Hopefully we'll get to go down right after Memorial Day to check things out.

Go Trojans!!!!

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

So excited for your family!!!!! New York would've been great, but I know you would've preferred USC! Maybe we'll get to visit on our way through as we head to conferences! Congrats Andy! Love you all!

Nikki said...

We are ECSTATIC that you're not moving across the country. Congrats to Andy on a job well done and we hope to see you guys in SoCal...love you.

Jen said...

Congratulations! I secretly was feeling really sorry for you guys- Syracuse in winter is awful (from what my hubby tells me!). If you can live just outside of LA, it will feel less like a busy city (and have better air quality!). If you want to chat more, you know where to find me :) Good luck this weekend!