Friday, August 17, 2018

Day 6 - Family Court




We attended Korean Family Court this morning and all went well in the end. There was an *almost* critical mistake on my part that caused the social worker's eyes to nearly bug out of her head and me to nearly vomit... After taking an hour's bus ride to the court as we lined up in order of our appointments, they asked for our passports. Hours later, after it all worked out, I can write, "You should have seen the look on her face!" At the time, however I was about to lose control of all my bodily functions. How could I have screwed something up like this, when this is pretty much the last box to check before we come back to take our little boy home? Andy tried to reassure me it would work out and I held Annaliese's hand as I prayed aloud for God to provide for us. After a solid two minutes of panic-stricken bewilderment of wondering what we were going to do while the social worker ran around speaking urgent words in Korean, we offered our NM drivers licenses. The court official told her that would work fine as any picture ID was ok. WHEW! My stress level didn't fully return to normal however until hours later however. Anyway, we met our female judge who was friendly and asked us a few straightforward questions and we were done! That was the whole morning and the key part of this trip. Then we did some sightseeing for the rest of the day, but I'll have to post about that tomorrow while we wait in the airport for our flight home.

That social worker is definitely going to have a story to tell her friends about this family that gave her a heart attack ;P Yikes! Thank you, Lord, for providing for us!

No comments: