Monday, December 29, 2008

These are a few of my favorite things...

Her smell...
Of course, who doesn't love the smell of a clean baby, but I even love her little milky breath and some of the weird/normally bad smells, such as a pee-pee diaper or a little spit up on the burp cloth (well, not if its been there awhile and soured).  I love to put my nose on her head and hair and just inhale.  She doesn't really like it though when I my nose is a little bit cold :)

The looks she gives us...
Probably like most new parents, we try to verbalize what we think she's trying to say with the looks she gives us... some of our comments for her have included... 

big smiles w/ a little laugh: "Hey, this is fun, just laying here on my changing table looking at you goofy adults trying to amuse me!" 

furrowed brow: "Mom, I worried there might not be enough milk for me this time!!!"  

raised eyebrows alternating with furrowed brow: "Dad, what are you doing?!? Blehhhh" (while Andy was gently "tossing" her up in the air...just as she puked on Daddy's cashmere sweater!)  

wide eyes: "Hey guys why are you so tired? Its only 3 o'clock in the morning?"  

But the best one is the frowny face.  It is the most precious pathetic little expression you've ever seen.  I'll work on getting a picture of it to post.

More of my favorite things to come...

No comments: