Thursday, February 5, 2009

Bumbo & BOB


Sitting up in the Bumbo seat! (still no smiles for the camera though! I'll work on that!)

So great that she's holding her head up!  It's much easier to hold her now that we don't have to cradle her head.
Oh how I love my BOB stroller!  It is so funny how they are every where on the central coast and no one uses them here in the central valley!  In fact, I got this one at an REI garage sale (used gear for sale at the store) for $65 last fall and I got there way after it started.  (This is particularly amazing since anywhere else, the BOB strollers are the FIRST thing to go and priced much higher!)  Anyway, she's screaming in the picture because we're not moving, but she likes our daily walks and falls asleep once we get moving, as long as the sun is not in her eyes!
I'm just starting to jog with it... I want to get in better shape for the 10K Miracle Miles for Kids run.  It is from Morro Rock to the Cayucos Pier on May 30th.  A few years ago I did it in 66 minutes and I want to beat my time.  It is an amazing event not only for the run that takes place right on the sand, but because it is an annual fundraiser for Family Care Network.  People totally do the run with their BOB strollers, but I think I'll have Andy push it since he said he'll do it with me... some other people from our Young Adult group are going to do it too!  Ultimately, my goal is to do a half marathon in November!  Yikes, now I've put it out there for the world to see, I hope I make it!

2 comments:

the pfaff's said...

Awesome! Love the Bob too...would never want another stroller now :) Go REI garage sales!!
Annaliese is so cute and strong now holding her head up...can't wait to hopefully see her in a few months!

Anonymous said...

Steph,
She's just so beautiful. I can't believe how much she looks like Andy to me...yet I see you in her so much too! What a combination. Isn't God's creation so amazing?! I'm so thankful you're my friend. Truly, I thank God when I remember you (which is often). We really love you guys.
Love you,
Nik