Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Happy 20th Birthday!

Actually I'm 28.  But on Feb. 2, 1989, I prayed with my dad on the couch at home to receive Jesus as my Savior.  Whew.  I feel old!  I give the Lord all my praise that He has drawn me into Him, more and more, through ups and downs over the past 20 years.  Since that little bitty faith of an 8 year old child, I've had doubts, shared my faith with non-believers, dried-up times, joyful highs on missions trips, depressed times, growth by leaps and bounds at times... and Jesus has been faithful to be my Savior and Friend all along.  How good is our God!?!

For myself, I'm praying that I will be come a woman of prayer over the next 10 years.  It's not that I don't pray now, but through the Bible study that I'm currently doing, A Woman After God's Own Heart by Elizabeth George, I am encouraged to have a long term spiritual goal that I know God will help me attain.   Weird to think about looking back in 2019 over the past ten years, but I know it will come faster than I think.  Does anyone else have any spiritual goals that they've met or are working on?

I pray that our daughter will know and love Him at a young age as well.

2 comments:

Linda Z said...

Hi Stephanie! :) I don't think I knew you had a blog!

Happy Birthday!! :) A wonderful time to commemorate! I'm going on my 31st born again B'day. Good is good!

Carolyn said...

happy birthday to you -- I celebrate my spiritual birthday too.

It was good to see you (and your hubby and beautiful daughter) last night!