Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Genius

That's right, Annaliese is sporting one of the new colors "Zinnia" in cloth diaper fashion.  I did the good old traditional pre-folds last week and when I decided I was committed to cloth we took the plunge and got some easy (but expensive) Bumgenius v3.0 one-size reusable pocket diapers, keeping the pre-folds as backups.  

Before you congratulate me for saving the earth, it was almost entirely an economic decision.  The fact that we're reducing the amount of waste that goes into our landfills is a definite bonus but if cloth & disposables were the exact same cost, you can bet I'd be throwing those poopy diapers in the garbage.  So I plan on doing wash every other day or so and with my very rough calculations, it appears that we'll still come out ahead in the first year with more significant savings after that since we won't have to buy more fancy-schmancy diapers since they  have snaps to adjust for various sizes.

All in all, Annaliese doesn't seem to mind wearing cloth at all and I'm thankful that the Bumgenius diapers are so much easier to put on/take off and don't leak during naps or at night.  We even used cloth all day yesterday including going to church and to my parents' house (Tutu & Papa Deere). Hopefully my good attitude persists after the honeymoon period wears off... :)

1 comment:

shanny said...

i'm sorry, but i have to say those bumgenius diapers look cozy! no wonder she likes them. kudos to you for saving planet earth AND your money. whoot!