Wednesday, March 11, 2009

How's that b-b-baby?

Actually, I have 3 Praises:  

Blessing #1 - We have experienced 7 days in a row (yes, that's one full week) of sleeping through ENTIRELY through the night.  By through the night, I mean 9:30 or 10:30pm till 7:00am!  I keep thinking that it is a fluke, but I really hope not even though I know things can change anytime.  I'm still waking up in the middle of the night for no good reason though!  At least I just get to go right back to sleep now!

Blessing #2 - We are now down to 5 feedings a day, which is about every 4 hours during  the day!  Down from 6-7 feedings, which is about every 2 1/2 - 3 hours during the day, is a huge difference to me!  It is nice too that she can stay up for 1 1/2 - 2 hours at a time too.

Blessing #3 - Annaliese took a bottle 3 times yesterday without a fight!  For those of you who remember our Bottle Boot Camp when I only offered her the bottle for 2 days straight, I gave up about a week after that because it was so much work to pump extra milk, usually to only have to toss it down the drain after a crying fight with a hungry, fussy baby.  It hasn't been a big deal that she doesn't take the bottle because I'm staying at home with her, but it is really nice to be able to have that opportunity to leave her with my mom and have her be able to eat without me!

P.S. One minor issue we're still having is every night when I put her down (supposedly for the night at a normal infant bedtime) around 7:30 or 8pm, she regularly wakes up and is fussy within about an hour or two.  I think it is slowly getting better, but its like she thinks it was another nap and that she should get to stay up and play again until I feed her the last time around 9 or 10.  I'm not sure what to do or if I should just count my blessings (which I do, see above) that she's sleeping so soundly through the night.  She usually takes 3 real naps during the day, about 5 hours total.  Any suggestions, my fellow mommies?

4 comments:

the pfaff's said...

Yay! Glad to hear you guys are getting a full night sleep now! I remember getting up too during the night - thinking she would get up any moment, but then realizing she is still sleeping - what a great change!
No advice for the "napping" at night...it is so hard to remember, but I think Lucy started going to bed around 7:30 around this time too. I think I would feed her around 10 before we went to bed, and since she was used to that, she would wake up on her own sometimes around 9/10 expecting it. I can't remember when we stopped that though...hopefully Annaliese will get used to it soon, just a new change for her :) And trial and error for you guys - it always seems like for us, just when we get her "routine" down, something changes...ahhh to be flexible!
She is such a cute girl and growing so much - we can't wait to meet her!

The Page Family said...

Love the post...I read Baby Wise...don't know if you are familiar with it, we are not oppsessed with it...but it has a lot of good advice...it said around 3 months they should drop their late night feeding and sleep for 11ish hours...Ashtyn dropped it around 12 weeks...i couldn't believe it! Hailey never had such luck!...it does say that 3 naps a day is perfect...as well as 4-5 feeding per day. It also said it only takes 3 days to break a sleep pattern...so maybe if you rocked her for a few and tried to get her back to sleep so that her little tummy would get used to not eating at that time...hope that helps and hope you have a great week! :)

Amy said...

It might just be a growth spurt, she might need her tummy filled to the tip-top before she sleeps all night, who knows? These babies are often a mystery, and these phases go away just as quickly as they came on. Just remember to make peace in your home. If it brings you peace to nurse her one more time and it give her peace to be nursed one more time, then I'm sure it's a good thing. They don't always go by the book and they change so quickly! You have already established a schedule and a routine, so a little wiggle room and flexibility is a great thing! You guys are such great parents! We really, really need to get together soon!!!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I was just going to leave a comment that was getting longer and longer, and so I decided I should probably just call you. It's been too long anyway. We'll talk soon.

Love you,
Nikki