Sunday, December 11, 2011

Dean's list

 Although when I try to get everything on the blog, I just end up not posting everything, this is one thing worth backtracking. In October, Andy was on honored on the Dean's List for the 2010-2011 school year.
It really is an accomplishment including not just an academic achievement amongst a class of smarties all of whom are future doctors, but also a leadership and service component, as well as being personally recommended by multiple professors. And although the Dean himself ended up having another commitment which prevented him from actually attending, there was a really nice reception. My babysitter ended up getting sick at the very last minute, but my dear friend Megan was able to come over and watch the kids so I was able to make it for the ceremony. I was so grateful that I got to see him be honored.

We all already knew it, but my honey really is the crème de la crème. His fellow students really look to him as a leader and for help with school stuff, rides, and personal stuff, and yet he can also be found cleaning the community student refrigerators before school once a month with a couple of other CSF students. Amazingly, he still throws Annaliese up in the air (we're talking WAY up in the air) and throws a ball with Titus when he gets home and also helps me do the dishes and takes me out for a date when we get the chance to sneak away. What a guy. I don't deserve him, but I thank God that he's mine! :)

P.S. Thanks, Shannon, for telling me to update my blog. I do love it. I just get overwhelmed with the fact that I can't seem to get it all done to the degree that I wish I could. :) Something is better than nothing, right!?!

2 comments:

Shannon H. said...

Great update! So excited for you and Andy!

Linda Z said...

Congrats, Andy! That's so awesome! He's going to make such a great doctor! And congrats to you for standing behind him! :)