Saturday, December 10, 2011

New friends

How are we adjusting to life in L.A.? many of you have asked. Well, to be honest it has been hard, especially the first year. I find it difficult to know how much to say in the midst of it all, but fortunately, rather, thanks to God, this year has been SOOOO much better.
L.A. County Fair with Drea
One of the main reasons is because I have made a friend, Drea. This friend happens to be the wife of a first year medical student who is also Andy's friend, Luke. They are so dear to us. We met them through CSF (Christian Student Fellowship) at Keck and they are both believers. We usually see then multiple times per week. They have made dinner for us countless times, and often bring over wine and/or dessert so we can put the kids to bed but still be social in the evening... SO AWESOME!
Progressive double date in downtown L.A.
Luke and Andy are in a men's small group at school through CSF that meets on Wednesday mornings to fellowship, pray and have Bible study. Drea and I also meet at that time at my house before the kids get up to pray together at 6:30. It has been invaluable to me, to have someone to pray with as we walk through this unique and often difficult path together. I also know that they are lifting us up in prayer during the week.
Frozen yogurt date in her jammies
 Oh, and they've adopted our kids. I already posted about how they watched our kids for us when we went out for Andy's birthday (and gave us a Groupon), but I didn't mention that they also took Annaliese out on a special date for frozen yogurt one night as a surprise. She LOVED it. That doesn't really explain it though. She was shrieking and bouncing up and down when they came over and told her (they had asked me already), "Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!!!!" I have to say that Luke and Drea were pretty ecstatic about her reaction as well. ;) I think that was the night they officially became "Auntie Drea and Uncle Luke" (aka Untel Newt, as Annaliese pronounces it).
Buddies
Titus also has a special place in his heart for Luke. It is so adorable. Usually when I am in the room and someone else is holding him, he tries to squirm away and get to me. But he loves to just sit calmly with Luke and Titus looks for Luke when Drea comes over without him. So precious.

Anyway, I just wanted to share a bit about these peeps who have made such an important, positive impact in our lives. It has only been a few short months of knowing them, but it feels like we've been friends forever. I can already tell that we've a lifelong connection.

1 comment:

Linda Z said...

Yay for such great friends! :)